Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, October 31, 2011

Window Card with Sara Burrier's Lady of Opal

This lovely Sara Burrier digital stamp named Lady of Opal was recently released at Crafts and Me Stamps.

This view shows my Copic-filled image.  I've painted a thin layer of Diamond Stickles over her wings for some sparkle and added a dot of Goldenrod Stickles to the flowing flowers.



An Accent Depot Music Notes brad, a glimmer brad and a Recollections mulberry paper mini rose is centered in each of my Prima white paper flowers to create this flower cluster.



I used Spellbinders Labels Eight to create a window on the front of my Bazzill olive card and added a matting of My Minds Eye 2010 Holly Jolly "Ornamental" paper.  A Memory Box Delicate Vine borders a side of the frame as well as the other side of the image inside of the card.  The computer-generated quote taken from the 1955 "Let There Be Peace on Earth" lyrics by Jill Jackson Miller and Sy Miller is part of one of my favorite church songs, often associated with Christmas, and seems to be appropriate for use with this image.

Here's how the inside of my window card looks when opened . . .



This view shows the front of my completed window card . . .



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday "Borders and Frames" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" (here)
Charisma Cardz "Anything Goes" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Use a Digi" (here)
Crafty Purple Frog "Sparkle" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Glitter It" (here)
One Stitch At A Time "Christmas" (here)
Dream Valley "Anything Goes" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
dress, wings, flowers - YG61, YG63, YG67, E04, E07, E09
airbrushed background - E07, YG63, YG61

15 comments:

Stampalicious said...

beautiful card! the image is gorgeous and the way it's coloured is stunning! thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

June Nelson said...

This is a mazing the colouring is superb and the card is gorgeous xxxx

Carole of Brum said...

So beautiful! You made that image very special with your colouring. CoB

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Heleen said...

Ohh deze is echt super gaaf zeg! Dit heb je echt geweldig ingekleurd en de kleuren zijn ook zo prachtig.
Bedankt voor het meedoen bij stamptacular sunday, ik wens je succes met de challenge. We hopen je gauw weer te zien bij stamptacular!

Liefs,
Heleen

Mel said...

OMG! This is utterly stunning!
Love the image and the colours are beautiful!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xxx

Gem said...

wow Rose this is beautiful, your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at Charisma this week :) Gemma x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Rose, so beautifully done!!
Just to let you know I went to Barnes and Nobles, two by me on Halloween day and neither had that magazine, just thought I would let you know I have been checking.
Hugs
Donna

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful - Great image - stunning layout and colouring
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
Sarah - StressedStamper

Unknown said...

O wow this is stunning, what a beautiful fairy, love it. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and good luck xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this card is so beautiful. Love how you've managed the image to pop out of the frame. That gorgeous backpaper and that note on the flower makes the perfect music card. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular sunday challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our christmas challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie DT

crafty amy said...

Wow wow wow!! This is so pretty. Your colouring is just incredible!!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple frog and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Kos med papir og saks said...

beautiful card. love it

thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is just beautiful - love the window and those swirls too x
Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey and good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo