Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crafts and Me Challenge: Blue, Green and Pink

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Challenge blog wants to see your projects using Blue, Green and Pink. The wonderful Trish of the Crafts and Me Stamps Rubbah Team has donated the prize for this challenge and is offering Caron Vinson's Scorpio rubberstamp image by Sweet Pea Stamps as a prize to a randomly selected entry. You can find out more about this challenge and prize here.

I've used one of the lovely newly released images by Sara Burrier called Hope.  Here she is filled with Copic colors . . .



These wonderful handmade Asters are made using Punch Bunch medium ash leaf, Carl Craft medium cosmos and the Punch Bunch mini sun punches.  I love to be able to use scraps of coordinating papers that were leftover from my card to make flowers that match so nicely.  Painting them with Diamond Stickles adds a special bling.  This closeup of my Asters includes a QuicKutz flourish swirl and an Anna Griffin punched Butterfly.




I created this step card using Bazzill teal, yellow-green and pink bling to allow my Spellbinders Large Labels and Grand Labels to mat my image for a lovely display.  Bits of American Crafts I Do Gerber Daisies patterned paper shows the growth of flowers as they grow up the steps of the card.  This photo shows my completed Step Card using Sara Burrier's Hope angel image . . .




Hop on over to the Crafts and Me Challenge blog to see how the Dynamite Digi design team has used some of the newly released images by Crafts and Me on their Blue, Green and Pink projects.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Emerald Faerie Garden "Flowers, Flowers, Flowers" (here)
Totally Gorjuss "BINGO" (flowers, swirls, bling) (here)
Stamptacular Sunday "You Choose!" (here)
Flutterby Wednesdays "Open" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
dress - RV11, RV32, RV34
wings - YG91, YG93, YG95
balloon, stockings, sash - BG70, BG72, BG75
bird on hair - W1, W3, W5, YR23, R14, E07
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B21
atyou Spica Blossom over words on balloon

6 comments:

Stampalicious said...

beautiful card Rose, but I absolutely love your flowers!!! thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation and fabulous flowers thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, beautifully colored, great job! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
hugs Julie P

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi sweetie!
Your card is totally stunning! Love the colours and that folding technique. Your colouring is as usual in a class of it`s own. Have a great weekend. Hugs...Mona

Nancy said...

One word sums up your card -- SPECTACULAR! I so enjoyed your story about Rosie's book. It's amazing the things that people remember from our childhood that we just completely dismiss. I guess we make more of an impact or an impression than we think! Thanks for making me smile and for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!

Jules said...

Wow your card is STUNNING Love all of it..Thanks for playing along with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden Challenge Blog xx