Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Monday, August 6, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Stamps Watching It Fly by Zindy S.D. Nielsen

Crafts and Me Stamps carries an exclusive line of fabulous life-like stamps designed by one of their newest artists Zindy S.D. Nielsen.  I've used Watching It Fly on a monochrome card to share loving thoughts.  You can find this image as a rubberstamp here.

This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  Lifestyle Crafts (formerly QuicKutz) Nesting Circles dies include 21 different sized circles so you're sure to find just the right size for your image.






Below my image you'll find a cluster of paper flowers handmade with layers of a variety of Punch Bunch punches.  Here's a closer view of my handmade gerber daisies lightly painted with Diamond Stickles for amazing sparkle . . .




I've layered older DCWV Old World Stack patterned paper with Bazzill cardstock.  A sentiment from a Hero Arts Simple Messages set expresses loving thoughts.  A Martha Stewart Butterfly Border Punch adds a flighty faux stitching border behind my image with a bit of Target loving words ribbon that repeats in a bow.  A Creative Impressions White Glimmer Fastener adorns each corner of my card.

Here's a photo of my completed card front showing my use of Crafts and Me Stamps' Watching It Fly image as designed by Zindy S.D. Nielsen . . .









I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Dream Valley "Die Cuts and Punches" (here)
Fashionable Stamping "Anything Goes" (here)
Craft Your Passion "Anything Goes" (here)
Divas by Design "Flowers" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Anything Goes" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Monochrome + White Ok" (here)
Little Miss Muffet "Neopolitan Ice Cream" (here)
A&T Digital Designs "BINGO" (here) - die cut/ribbon/sew


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - YR23, R14, E07
dress - R12, R24, R29
airbrushed background - RV63, RV66



I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

16 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning Rose. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is amazing.

Sue

Lau W said...

Oh wow ! Your card is fabulous, sucha beauty !
xxx

coops said...

wow so stunning rose.she is gorgeous and i love your handmade flowers ;D

xx coops xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Just beyond stunning Rose! She looks absolutely incredible and those reds are really lovely :)

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Rose, wow...your colours and your colouring on this card are brilliant!
I love the bold colours, they really do match the image. The handmade flowers are so gorgeous too, and finish the card off perfectly.
Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Anything Goes challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Anonymous said...

Everything about this is just stunning. Thanks for joining us at Deam Valley. xx

SAHLERS said...

you have made a excellent card love the coloring, image and flowers thanks for joining us at Divas by Design
-sheryl-

Mrs.B said...

Hi Rose, this is a gorgeous card with a lovely image,beautifully coloured. The layout with those flowers is perfect.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

carol said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with our Mono challenge at TPC x Carol

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, amazing coloring! Thanks so much for joining us over at LITTLE MISS MUFFET this time:)

Marina said...

This is a beautifully romantic card.

Evelina Wikberg said...

Absoloutely stunning. Love the papers, image is fab and so much detail!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Eva GDT xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW Rose what a lovely card this is! And what a lovely Blog you have! I see you too are a fan of Elisabeth Bell images. Thank you so much for stopping by my Blog today, Judy x

alethea said...

What a stunning card!! Love your colouring and those flowers!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

Eva Marie said...

So so gorgeous.
Thanks for playing at DVC
xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Rose this is stunning, really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley challenges, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop over and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/winner-of-my-candy-and-new-candy.html