Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Peek-A-Bunny

This lovely little lady, resting thoughtfully on a tree strump while a sweet bunny peeks at her from the other side, was released as a digi image by Elisabeth Bell in April of this year.

Here's a pic of my Copic-filled image.



I've layered Pink Paislee's Enchanting Delightful butterfly patterned paper with Bo Bunny doubledots and cardstock to create my side open card.  Diamond Stickles is painted over the petals of handmade flowers that surround my image and a friendly sentiment from an older Stampin' Up! Serene Spring set.  Here's a view of my card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Peek-A-Bunny digital image . . .





You can find Peek-A-Bunny and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.

Looking for fabulous inspiration using Elisabeth Bell images?  You'll find it at the Digi Bells Design Team Blog here.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Susie" (here)
Elphine House Australia "Dog Days of Summer" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - Y13, Y26, Y28
stump - E31, E35, E47
grass, leaves, dress dots - G40, G43, G46
bunny, shoes - E21, E25, E29
dress - RV11, RV13, RV17
apron - E41, E43
sky - B41, B45, B01


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card Rose. So pretty and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Best wishes, Trish x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Ahhh too cute Rose! Just love the sweet image and that sentiment is lovely. Beautiful background that you have done around her too :)

coops said...

so beautiful rose.stunning sweet image and i love your colouring :D

xx coops xx

Shelby said...

Cute cute cute! The layout you've used shows her off beautifully.

Shelby

Janneke said...

What a beautiful card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia ...

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWEE Rosie, what a GORGEOUS card... I just love your vibrant coloring... YUM! (lol)
Thanks so much for joining us over at Elphine House Australia's Challenge this month, and with such a stunning creation too. I love it.
Big Hugs,
Lynda