Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Ladybug Crafts Ink Beer Belly Man

I was very lucky to win this fabulous digital image by Gayle Cook for Ladybug Crafts Ink called Beer Belly Man and couldn't wait to make some time to play with it.  The look on his face makes me smile until I laugh.  I'm pretty sure that he'll have the same effect on several of the guys that I care the most about.  You can get your own Beer Belly Man at the Ladybug Crafts Ink online store here.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . . My botched attempt at making his huge belly cast a shadow onto his pants makes it look more like he's wearing a pair of shorts over his pants.  Oh well.  Sometimes I've just got to leave well enough alone - LOL!!!



I printed the entire digital image onto My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline collection's Fiddlesticks "You and Me" Bloom patterned paper.  I shaded just the outer shirt using Copic colors Y26 and Y28.  I fussy cut the outline of the outer shirt and lined the edge with my Copic Multiliner brush tip so the white core of the paper wouldn't show.  Then I carefully adhered the cut pieces of the shaded, checked paper to my image.



Layers of Imaginisce A Shore Thing "Cool Pool Chatter" patterned word paper with Bazzill Carob and smooth golden and blue cardstocks form my card.  A few Creative Impressions Tropical blue mini brads line two corners.  A Stampin' Up! scalloped square punch shaped my older Stampin' Up! Say It With Scallops set sentiment.  I've attached a Creative Impressions Metallic Mini Paper Clip to my sentiment then tied a brown gingham 1/4" Offray ribbon to it.  A QuicKutz foaming mug die cut in vellum and yellow cardstock includes a layer of heated white liquid applique for texture.

Here's a view of my completed card front showing my use of Ladybug Crafts Ink Beer Belly Man . . . and he's still making me smile and laugh!



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time "Use a Digi" (here)
Hooked on Crafts "Cards for Men" (here)
Everybody Art "Anything Goes" (here)
Ladybug Crafts Ink "Paper Piecing" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" (here)
Divas by Design "Let's Celebrate" (here)
Oldie but Goodie "Paper Piecing" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
mug - B000, 0
pants - B00, B02, B06
beer - Y13, Y15, Y19
undershirt - E43, E42, E41, E40, 0
outer shirt - Y26, Y28
sneakers - C1, C3, C5
airbrushed - B01, E31, E31




I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

15 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is great Rose! Great technique and I will have to try it...amazing work :)

coops said...

fantastic male card rose.i love the fab image and his shirt looks brilliant :D

xx coops xx

CraftyGirl said...

Love your coloring and paper piecing. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Nicola said...

Fantastic card Rose, love how you have brought this brilliant image to life and your colour combo is superb. -x-

Lau W said...

Wow ! superb technique ! Your card is fun, love your papers !
xxx

Katy said...

I love this card, love that you went to the trouble of doing his shirt like that and also the beer foam looks great! xx

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our "Use a Digi" challenge.
Hugs Nataliya

Lisa Carroll said...

FABULOUS card! I think your shading is wonderful... and your little beer mug embellie is perfect. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Avaleigh1 said...

Hiya, the shadow may not be favourite part, but the shading on the belly is perfect!

DesignerDiva said...

Rose this is absolutely fabulous! I love the shading on the patterned paper - I wish I'd thought of that!!
Thanks for playing along at Oldie But A Goodie this week for Janice's Paper Piecing and I hope you will join us again soon. Also at LCI with the Ladybugs and Pams Piecing (great that you used an LCI image too!) and also for playing along at Diva's
Hugs Laurie xx

PS
I have a great candy up for grabs if you would like to join in

Chris said...

This is just perfect, Rose! I love that image! It just cracked me up. You put so much into this with that mug being a perfect example! I just love it! Thank you for sharing your work of art with us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

Chris

Choccy said...

What a great image ! Love what you have done with it ! Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our Use a Digi challenge. Hope to see you back next week.

Choccy x

Pami said...

Wow Rose this is a fabulous card! Love the shading and the paper piecing! Love it. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at LCI this week, good luck! Pami x

Anonymous said...

A brilliant card, love his shirt...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh he is just fabulous .. and i love the shading of his beer belly lol
Thanks for joining us at LCI, Diva's and OBAG
Lisa x