Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Friday, August 17, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's Pumpkin Fairy Ellora Digi Bells' Blog Hop

To celebrate the newest addition to Elisabeth Bell's Digital Gallery (here), the Digi Bells Design Team is hosting a blog hop.

How can you win your own Pumpkin Fairy Ellora digi image?  You'll have to hop through and leave comments on EACH blog.  [You can find the full list of 15 other blogs at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).]  Lynda will pick 2 blogs at random and the winners will be picked from those comments. The hoppers will have until Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 9 AM to leave comments. The winners will be posted at the Digi Bells' blog on Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012.

Reminder:  Buying then sharing digital images is theft.  Sharing digital images takes income away from the artist.



* * * * *




I've used Pumpkin Fairy Ellora on the front of a side open card.  I added a few grounding lines with a Copic Multiliner.  Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles adorn her crown.

Layers of Bazzill cardstock in Blackbird, Tangelo and Straw with patterned papers from Authentique's Enchanted Collection provide the base for my card.  A die cut of a Cheery Lynn Designs' screen door holds a Making Memories Halloween crescent moon brad for a handle.  More black bat brads surround my image.  A Crafty Secrets Medium Halloween Fun set sentiment adorns one corner and is embellished with a QuicKutz veggies mini and a bat remaining from a Martha Stewart batty border.  A few coordinating, handmade bachelor button flowers, painted with diamond Stickles, accent my image.

Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Pumpkin Fairy Ellora digi image . . .




A Martha Stewart batty border and a paper pieced EK Success Pumpkin Flourish Chain decorate the inside . . .





Remember to leave your comment below then move along to your next stop at the amazingly-talented Mary Lou's blog (here). For reference, you can find the full list of the blogs to hop at the Digi Bells Design Team blog (here).


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time "Anything Goes" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Spots and Stripes" (here)
Digital Tuesday "Child's Play" (here)
Fab-n-Funky "Angels and Faeries" (here)
A&T/Emerald Faerie "Bling" (here)
A&T Sketch "Anything Goes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp & Show "Favorite Technique" (here) - coordinating handmade flowers

* * * * *




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, stem - E31, E35, E47
pumpkin, shoes, leggins, hair bow - YR21, YR24, YR27
dress, petals, wand ribbon - V22, V25, V28
wings, crown, wand, under dress ruffles - Y13, Y26, Y28
bird, wings - B21, B24, B28
airbrushed background - B12, G12, E42, E43





I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

26 comments:

SHARICA said...

Awesome .. love the colours and textures .. Simply Wonderfull

Pysselbus said...

Wow!!! Awesome design Rose!!! Love the coloring - as always... :-) And there are sooo many sweet details... Stunning!!

Hugs
Linda

Jolanda said...

Rose, so great what you made with the digi,i love it

Anonymous said...

Oh my Rose!! This is an absolute gorgeous creation!! I love your idea with the black screen door!! Very sweet!! :) TFS!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fantastic card. I love the door embellishment you've used. TFS.

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow this is stunning! Totally love all the wonderful layers. Your image is so well colored as well. Amazing.

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Shelby said...

Wowzer...love this card. Your coloring looks awesome and all of the different elements and layers makes for an exceptionally beautiful card.

Shelby

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic card lots of wonderful elements, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge and at A & T Sketch challenge this fortnight.

Pat K said...

Fabulous! Very creative design and I love that she's taking the pumpkin home.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She is so cute Rose!!! Love the beautiful colouring...and that door is so cute with its little moon handle! Great work :)

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable!!!!love the screen door....so adorable....tfs

Choccy said...

This card is simply adorable ! I love it.. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch Ar a Time for our anything Goes chH ope you come back to see us next week.

Choccy x

Sue said...

Stunning card Rose, such an adorable image. Your colouring is beautiful and I love all the wonderful details you have added.
Thank you for taking part in the FAb n Funky Challenge
Sue

Wendy said...

WOW! Fabulous card, love the image and all the gorgeous details...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Shirley said...

I love your card! This image is adorable and I really like the door embellie!

Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully coloured and created
Hugs julie P

CraftinGranny said...

So cute Rose and beautifully colored. I'm lovin' this new digi by EB. She's really gone all out this time. "Hugs"

Jules said...

OMG I just love the screen door, that is so creative. Your card is awesome, thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs (EFG). Good Luck xoxoxo

Mary said...

This card is GORGEOUS!! The papers are beautiful. I love the flowers and the door you added. And of course the image is adorable!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Carla S. said...

Fantastic Halloween card, Rose! Great details and coloring of the cute new image! Very creative!

Olivia said...

So pretty. Fabulous coloring.

Lynda Nielsen said...

ohhh my, this is AMAZING Rose... Your coloring is gorgeous, and the details are Fab, but that little screen door... ha ha... How adorable is that? What a PERFECT Halloween card! I love it girl!!!
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Janneke said...

Wow your card is amazing ;o)
Your coloring is so amazing!

Eret said...

Your card is fantastic! Love youur coloring and design of the card. Youur door is super cool! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at A & T Challenge Blog. Hope to see you back again :)
Hugs, Eret

tootsie said...

Oh wow Rose! This is just stunning. I love that door!!!! Is it a Cheery Lynn Die cut or did you buy it like that?

xxx
Wendy

Olivia said...

What a great card...that door is such a cool touch! Fantastic job.