Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge: Use a Digi

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Stamps' challenge blog wants to see you use a digi on your projects.  Letraset is sponsoring this challenge and offering a set of 6 Promarkers to a randomly selected entry. You can find out more about this challenge here.

I've used a recently released digi image named Unveiling of Heart, designed by Sara Burrier, exclusively for Crafts and Me Stamps.

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  Her cloak extends beyond the edge of the oval die cut and falls beneath my ribbon bow.  This is another great example of how using the Beyond-the-Edge die cutting technique allows the image to appear as though part of it is popping off of the paper.


I've layered KaiserCraft These Days Collection Reunion double sided patterned paper with Bazzill Olive, Cool Cantaloupe and Java cardstock.  A few square brads line two corners of my card.  A Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish and McGill pine branch punches provide filling for my mulberry paper roses and Hero Arts Home set "Hello!" sentiment.

Here's a view of my completed card front  showing how I've used the digital image called Unveiling of Heart by Sara Burrier to say Hello! . . .




You've just got to hop over to the Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge blog to see how the amazingly talented Dynamite Digi girls have showcased their use of Crafts and Me Stamps digital images on their fabulous projects!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Susie" (here)
Paper Play "Layer It Up!" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Anything Goes" (here)
Dream Valley "Die Cuts and Punches" (here)
Craft Your Passion "Anything Goes" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Inspirations "Anything Goes" (here)




Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
dress - B12, B14, B16, YR000, YR00, YR02
cloak - G82, G85, G99
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B12


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

11 comments:

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

As allways, your colouring is magnificent. Love the colour combo. Also love the skies behind the image. Well done, hunni! Hugs...Mona

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow!! Rose she is just stunning! Love those clouds as always and the tones you have used on her are just lovely. Beautiful work! :)

Mian said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful papers, love the flower arrangements and your coloring.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Craft Your Passion this week.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Craft Your Passion
August Guest Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

coops said...

wow so stunning rose.she is so mysterious and i love your fabulous colours :D

xx coops xx

Bonnie Irvine said...

Beautiful shading and highlighting. Love how her cloak comes off the edge of the oval. Your flower border frames her up wonderfully. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion.

Vicky said...

Amazing colouring and fantastic layout, the flowers and ribbon are gorgeous too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Paper Crafting Journey

hugs Vicky xxx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, beautiful image
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful.Love the colour scheme and your great colouring.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

wowzers this is fab. what an amazing image!! thanks for getting sketchy with us at Sketch Saturday xx

Unknown said...

Hi Rose, oh my this is stunning! Perfect colouring and love your colour choices.

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Dream Valley.

Sarah

Carrie said...

Gorgeous card. Your colouring is amazing!

Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley this fortnight! x