Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's On Cupid's Cloud

This stunning little angel, showing a touch of the crack of his cute bottom as he sits on a sweet heart-shaped cloud, was released by Elisabeth Bell in February of this year.  While this digi image, named On Cupid's Cloud, surely portrays lots of love through the included roses and hearts, I thought I'd use him to show loving support to our 2012 Olympic athletes.

Here's a pic of my Copic-filled image.  I searched for far too long in too many junk drawers to find an unused lapel pin of our country's flag.  Instead I found an old sticker set from a promotional union mailer so I fussy cut the flag sticker and stuck it to the fishing line in hopes that it would appear as though my little Cupid was dropping some roses to our USA teams.  Yay!!!


I've layered The Robin's Nest Blue Stars on Red patterned paper with Bazzill textured cardstocks to create my side open card.  A QuicKutz diecut flourish adorns one mulberry paper flower clustered corner.  I've cut a Zva Creative self-adhesive rhinestone swirl to add some sparkle to each side of my image.  Diamond Stickles is painted over the angel's wings and borders the edge of my image.  A blue star eyelet adorns a sentiment from a Close to my Heart Card Chatter - Birthday set.  Here's a view of my card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's On Cupid's Cloud latest digital image . . .



You can find On Cupid's Cloud and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.

Looking for fabulous inspiration using Elisabeth Bell images?  You'll find it at the Digi Bells Design Team Blog here.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet & Sassy Digi "Flag, You're It!" (here)
One Stitch At A Time "Use a Digi" (here)
Divas by Design "Flowers" (here)
PaperCrafting Journey "Anything Goes" (here)
A&T Digital Designs/Emerald Faerie Garden "Flourishes/Swirls" (here)
There's Magic in the Air "Waste Not" (here)
Elphine House Australia "Things with Wings" (here)
Simon Says Stamp and Show "What Do You Say?" (here)



Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - YR23, R14, E07
roses, hearts - R22, R29, R59
leaves - YG11, YG13, YG17
keys, wings, toga, quiver - B32, B34, B37, B39
clouds - B32, 0
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B32


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW stunning creation! Just love the wonderful coloring of this gorgeous angel! So glad to have seen your blog. I'm a new follower!

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Sue said...

stunning card Rose, the image is gorgeous and the colours are wonderful

Hugs Sue

Terry said...

Thank you for joining into the fun with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, I love your fabulous coloring and the papers that you have used, thank you for joining into the fun Hugs Terry xxxx WOW

Choccy said...

Gorgeous !!! Love your colouring and what a cute angel. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time.. Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

coops said...

so stunning rose.your design is fabulous and i love the gorgeous sweet image :D

xx coops xx

ddazzled71 said...

Hi Rose, your card is just stunning and what a fabulous idea to cheer on your country for the Olympics. Your design is just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Cupcakes - TIMITA and sharing your up-cycled creations. I think the girls at the Robin's Nest would love to see this gorgeous creation using their papers too.
Danie xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Rose this is great! What a lovely idea to have the flag on there! Beautiful colouring as always and all of those details look fab :)

Unknown said...

Hi Rose, what a beautiful image - perfectly coloured - and a wonderful card.

Love the bling!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOW - WOW - WOW!!! You've done a beautiful job and your coloring is simply stunning. I love how you've incorporated the American Flag and the Red/White/Blues into this stunning creation Rose...
Thanks so much for joining us at EBWorld as well as Elphine House Australias challenges. Best of Luck!
Hugs,
Lynda

Anonymous said...

I love the bling and sweet flowers, very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House this time
Hugs Julie P

Janneke said...

Ow another amazing card Rose ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Elphine House ...

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Rose wow this is stunning love love love it such a sweet image coloured perfectly and to top it off with such a stunning card thank you playing along with us at PCJ with our anything goes challenge and good luck
Jacki xx