Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge: Autumn Colors

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Stamps' challenge blog wants to see you use autumn colors on your projects.  Crafts and Me Stamps is sponsoring this challenge and offering THREE digital images to a randomly selected entry. You can find out more about this challenge here.

I've used a digi image named Smartie Pants, designed by Hannah Lynn, exclusively for Crafts and Me Stamps.  She makes a fantastic Back-to-School inspirational image!

Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.




I've layered Karen Foster Design Fall Foliage patterned paper with Bazzill cardstock.  A Spellbinders' Fleur De Lis Rectangle frames my image.  A few leaf eyelets line a corner of my card.  I've used a Stampin' Up! scallop border punch and a Memory Box Estate Fence for the lower border of my card and then I covered it all up - LOL!!!  Just bits of it peek through.  I've die cut chipboard using a Sizzix fruit die to carry an apple from the image onto my card.

Handmade flowers, made from layers of Punch Bunch punches, accent a sentiment from a Close To My Heart Faith, Hope, Charity set.



Here's a view of my completed card front showing how I've used the digital image called Smartie Pants by Hannah Lynn with autumn colors . . .






You've just got to hop over to the Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge blog to see how the amazingly talented Dynamite Digi girls have showcased their use of autumn colors with Crafts and Me Stamps digital images on their fabulous projects!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Southern Girls "Chippie Heaven" (here) - die cut chipboard apple
Sweet & Sassy "3D Flower Embellishments" (here)
One Stitch At A Time "Back to School" (here)
Crafty Sentiments "Flowers" (here)
Tuesday Alchemy "Learn with Joy" (here)
Totally Paper Crafts "Inspired by a Song" (here) - Chuck Berry's School Days
Cute Card Thursday "Back to School" (here)
Divas by Design "Anything Goes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp "Back to School" (here)



Copics used:
eyeglasses - B000, 0
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, backpack, eyes - E31, E35, E47
apple, hairtie, book - R22, R29, R59
globe, book, hairtie - B91, B95, B97, YG91, YG95, YG97
leggins, sleeves - R02, R05, R08, YR12. YR15, YR18
shirt - R02, R05, R08
belt - E31, E35, E39
jeans - B91, B95, B97
book, tag - E40, E41, E43
tags - Y13, Y15, Y19
sneakers - T9, T6, T0
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B91, E43, B95




"Top 2" Aug. 29, 2012 Tuesday Alchemy
"Top 5" Sep. 7, 2012 Southern Girls


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

21 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning card Rose. The image is gorgeous and coloured so beautifully. I love the colours and fabulous embellishments too

Sue

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a cutie!! Love those autumn tones and the whole layout is absolutely stunning :)

Patricia H said...

Fantastic job coloring this image! I really like the warm earth tone color scheme. Thanks so much for joining in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

Lau W said...

This is a nice card, love these colors, and the image is really cute !
xxx

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the image and your perfect colouring!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Crafting Vicky said...

Your card is gorgeous. I adore how you have colored her up. And the handmade flowers... just stunning!

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Melinda Gleissner said...

Fabulous card! Love all of the oranges and your fantastic flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

BlackLissi said...

Oh wow! Your card is absolutely adorable! Wonderful autumn colors and perfectly colored stamp! Beautiful layout!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Maria

Joey said...

Rose this is just beautiful, the image is gorgeous and your colour work just perfect. Joey xx

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Absolutely wonderful, rich color tones! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Choccy said...

Such an adorable card.. it sure is a smile card !
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Back to school' challenge.
Hope to see you back next week.

Choccy x

Manderly said...

Rose- WOW!!! Your coloring is amazing. The whole creation is amazing! Very inspiring, too1 So glad you've entered OSAAT's challenge this week. Hoping to see more of your talent!
Manderly
xxxooo

Sharon said...

Wow what a fabulous card. Such gorgeous colours and colouring and I love the image. Thank you for joining us this week at Diva's by design. Good luck
Love Sharon. x

Shelley said...

WOW!!! what a fabulous card! I just love autumn colours and you have done an amazing job colouring that stamp!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday alchemy *hugs* Shell x

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck.

Caz CSD DT

Karen C said...

This is gorgeous! I just purchased this die - you have inspired me to pull it out now! :)
Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week! Best of luck in the draw! Hope to see you next time!
Hugs,
Karen C (OSAAT DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/busybusyhoneybee

Joy said...

Such a cool chick card, love it and love your colouring...
thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

Great coloring job and I love the fall colors--it pretty much brings in the new school year for us in NY. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

Stunning creation! I am in love with the tiny leaves!

Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

Plastic card printing said...

This is so beautiful. Best designed with the nice colors which have made the card gorgeous. I really appreciate this. Great job.

* Shell B.* said...

Rose,
Beautifully displayed card,love the cute image!

Thanks for joining us for the "Chip Board" Challenge at Southern Girls!

Shell~Alaska♥
DT~SGC