Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Crafts and Me Stamps Please Don't Let It Fly by Zindy S.D. Nielsen

Crafts and Me Stamps carries an exclusive line of fabulous life-like stamps designed by one of their newest artists Zindy S.D. Nielsen.  I've used Please Don't Let It Fly on a multi-layered card to share loving thoughts.  You can find this image as a rubberstamp here.

This photo shows a closer view of my Copic-filled image.  I've die cut my image using Spellbinders' Large Labels.







Below my image you'll find a cluster of paper flowers handmade with layers of a variety of Punch Bunch punches.  Here's a closer view of my handmade chrysanthemums, lightly painted with Diamond Stickles for amazing sparkle . . .





I've layered older Paper Patch Bright Posies, Bright Dots and Bright Jumbo Posies patterned paper with cardstock.  A sentiment from a Close To My Heart Faith, Hope, Charity set expresses loving thoughts.   Several Creative Impressions Black Mini Brads adorns each side of my card.

Here's a photo of my completed card front showing my use of Crafts and Me Stamps' Please Don't Let It Fly image as designed by Zindy S.D. Nielsen . . .










I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sir Stampalot "Take Flight" (here)
Craft Your Passion "Power of Three" (here) - 3 patterned papers
Crafty Sentiments "Flowers" (here)
Tuesday Throwdown "Hip to be Square" (here)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts "Summer" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - Y13, Y26, Y28 + T0, T6, T9
guy shirt, butterfly - G02, G05, G09
gal shirt, butterfly - B02, B16
butterfly - R20, R22, R27
airbrushed torn paper background - B02



I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

11 comments:

brenda said...

Such an unusual image Rose and so beautifully coloured in and embellished.

It's great to see you at Stampalot challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Rose this is just beyond stunning! Love those pops of green and the colouring on that image is lovely! Beautiful clouds again :)

pinky said...

I love this creation Rose, what a gorgeous image and the flowers are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot and Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

Hazel said...

Delightful card with beautiful colouring - thanks for entering the 'hip to be square' Tuesday Throwdown challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Sally H said...

What a fabulous card - great image! Thanks for sharing it with us for our take Flight theme at Stampalot this month and good luck!

Helen Berry said...

What a great card Rose. Your handmade chrysanthemums are amazing - great job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous card awesom colouring, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Larelyn said...

What a fantastic card! I love your coloring, especially the clouds. The patterned papers are perfect for your image. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown.
Hugs,
Larelyn

scrap joanny said...

perfect card for us challenge- thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous card Rose. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Mina said...

stunning creation Rose and perfect for our challenge...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx