Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Letters to Santa

This sweetly bundled little lady makes her way to a nearby mailbox, not at all bothered by the gently falling snow, to ensure that her special letter will be delivered in time.  This digital image is named Letters to Santa and was designed by Elisabeth Bell.  You can get your own Letters to Santa at the Elisabeth Bell's Digital Gallery here.

This photo shows my Copic-filled image.  Flower Soft's Polar White covers the snowy ground while Diamond Stickles adds sparkle to the falling snowflakes.  I was inspired to cover the snowy ground with Flower Soft's Polar White after reviewing Elisabeth's recent and very exciting news that she's joining the artists at Flower Soft. (You can read all about it here.)



I've layered four patterns from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses collection:  Snow Globe, Snow Cap, Peppermint Twist and Glazed Apple with Bazzill's reddish, green and white cardstock.  A Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs die cut holds a Stampin' Up! 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon bow.  Stampin' Up! 1" and 1/2" circle punches shape my layered Stampin' Up! Circle of Friendship sentiment.  A Memory Box Holly Vine lines one side of my image.

A cluster of handmade paper white Christmas flowers adorns one corner.



Here's a view of my card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Letters to Santa digital image . . .




You can find Letters to Santa and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.

Looking for fabulous inspiration using Elisabeth Bell images?  You'll find it at the Digi Bells Design Team Blog here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time "Use a Digi" (here)
Cupcake Craft "Flowers in Image" (here)
There's Magic in the Air "Just Say Hello" (here)
Everybody Art "Anything Goes" (here)
Crafty Sentiments "Sparkle" (here)
Sweet Stamps "A Favorite Technique" (here) - airbrushed torn paper clouds
Creative Card Crew "Christmas" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Anything Goes" (here)
Creative Inspirations "BINGO" (here) - ribbon, flowers, glitter
Crafty Catz "Ribbons and Bows" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35
mailbox post - E31, E35, E47
mailbox - C1, C3, C5
mouse - N1, N3, N5, E93
berries, flag, umbrella - R22, R29, R59
holly, gloves, patches, umbrella - G82, G85, G99
pants, umbrella, bird - BG70, BG72, BG75
letters - E41, E43, 0
boots, belt, gloves, bird scarf - E04, E07, E19
hat, coat, tulips, mouse scarf - RV91, RV95, RV99
fur E41, 0
airbrushed torn paper clouds - B91 + 1" circle mask Y000


"Top 3" Sep. 11, 2012 Creative Card Crew

I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

17 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

This is beautiful, love the richness of the red and the adorable image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

craftygranny said...

Gorgeous card and fab image , Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and good luck. Trisha x DT.

Joey said...

Rose this is beautiful, gorgeous colourwork and love the touch with the snow. Joey xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Beautiful card and lovely image! Perfect for our 'use a Digi' theme at One Stitch at a Time. Thank you for sharing and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Mary Lou said...

Oh Rosie~~very very wonderful!!!! Love the FS snow along with all the other gorgeous additions:)
Hugz

paper fun said...

Rose, your card is stunning. Your coloring has such richness to it. I really like your sky behind the image.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww gorgeous Rose! I love how you have done the snow and the whole layout is just lovely :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rose :-) the image is lovely and the papers and all the details are so pretty :-) I love the flowers especially :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

coops said...

so stunning rose.adorable image and i love your colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Margaret said...

Wow! Your colouring is amazing and such a lovely image too

Thanks for joining us for our Christmas challenge at The Creative Card Crew

Margaret

pinky said...

Stunning creation and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so beautiful....I love Elizabeth Bell images....Thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Cupcakes/TMITA

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Fabulous card, I love that snow, thanks for joining in with our use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Forever Friends DT member
OSAAT DT member

Heather said...

Hi Rose, I hope you are well!!! I have been meaning to call over and see you - I lost my Blog and had to restart, now I have bad computer problems and am taking you back to the UK in Oct so I'm really struggling to comment at the moment.
Your card is sensational, wonderful colours and details......your image is adorable and coloured your own usual brilliance!!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge

Tracey said...

This is stunning Rose! All of those layers are fabulous and your colouring on the digi is amazing. I love your handmade flowers; they are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
Hugs, Tracey DT

Mona Evy said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge

Deanette said...

Cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!